Saturday 10 September 2011

Why I love Autumn


I never thought I'd grow up to be interested in ploughing! This image comes from the latest Country Living magazine.  It reminded me of all that I look forward to at this time of year:

  • Fields of cut corn as far as the eye can see
  • A crispness in the morning air
  • The first fire of the season.....yet to come but just around the corner
  • Produce from the allotment: pumpkins, cobnuts, apples, beans and more beans
  • Layering up the sofa with blankets and cushions ready for some cosy reading with a pile of boys
  • Crumpets and honey for Sunday tea
Have a great weekend.  We're off to Wirksworth for the Festival to catch up with friends old and new: Terry Davies, Michelle Neale, Sue Vanderplank, Stevie Davies, Heather Dewick, Justine Nettleton.  Good luck everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...