Thursday 1 April 2010

Good friends




Yesterday I sat in the Victoria and Albert Museum cafe with two of my favourite people drinking coffee, talking about art and books and life, and generally feeling that life is rather super.  It's been a long time since I have been to London and I have filled my mind, camera and notebook with shapes, colours and ideas......all will be revealed.



I travelled back up the country mindful of the book of paintings by Eric Ravilious that I had seen.  The landscape was still held back by this cold spring.  The green intensifies but the trees stay bare and brusque.  Just the odd tree was graced with acid green leaves, there hasn't been enough sunshine for full photosynthesis to occur.  Due to an error with my ticket I was upgraded to first class.  I would much rather have shared Ravilious' journey in this third class carriage.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...