Thursday 25 March 2010

Windy day


I love this blustery image by Sybil Andrews.  It has so much dynamism to it.  I bought it as a card published by Art Angels.  It's an image from the collection at the Glenbow Museum in Calgary, Canada.  I really like this and thisSybil Andrews (1898-1992) developed her style in the 30's, influenced by Cubism, Futurism and Vorticism. 

I'm liking alot of printmaking at the moment, I also bought this by Linda Farquharson.  Oh no!  I've just discovered she's Scottish!  I'm not doing this on purpose I promise!!  I'm sure there are some wonderful artists living and working outside of Scotland!

I've been tracked down by a lady who is opening a gallery in Derbyshire later in the year.  She's asked if I'll do some work for the gallery and also if I can teach a workshop which is all very exciting.  It also means, I have to stop showing my inspirations and navel gazing and knuckle down to some work.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...