Wednesday 14 November 2012

Before Winter


I try to live with the seasons and focus on their merits.  It gets hard at this time of year as life accelerates in to winter and all things Christmas.  At home, the top of the piano is a visualisation of the seasons.  In Summer there are the things we find on holiday, fossils and pebbles, postcards from our travels.  This Autumn it's been decked with seed heads and grasses.  I remember collecting them at the end of September, the day my youngest started full days at school. Soon it will all make way for a display of light and sparkle to take us through the darker days of winter.  But before then, my display captures for me the Autumn.  I love the bleached out stems and subtle colour of the seed heads.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...