Friday 11 February 2011

Getting on with it


"People travel to wonder at the height of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long course of rivers, and they pass by themselves - without wondering."  St. Augustine

You'll tell from my blog that life has been busy!  I'm so excited by all that is going on, I'm just trying to keep track of it all!

My time spent wondering what robots did for their birthday paid off as I sold that design at Spring Fair.  Call it beginners luck, but by an alignment of the stars, moon and planets in my favour, that one design in a huge pile of designs, on one stall amongst very many stalls, somehow caught a buyer's eye and is off to the States to be printed.

It's encouraged me to carry on and I'm setting myself some new work targets, including florals, baby and Christmas.

David has been getting some work and I finally feel I can breathe normally.  I wonder about this period he's not been working.  Without it, I'd not have had the time and motivation to make the decisions I have and build a business.  I'm often wishing that I had a crystal ball, to check up on myself down the line.  It's been a very bumpy five years and here we are, still enjoying life.  The simplest pleasures have got us through.....and I suppose, the fact that we are Us.

Anyway, mustn't rest on my laurels, one design sold does not a happy bank account make.  Hope you're all noticing the bulbs twitching their noses above the surface of the soil.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...