Thursday 1 July 2010

Inspiring creativity

I spend quite alot of my time wondering about what it means to be creative in modern society.  It's taken a long time to be confident enough to call myself an Artist.  There are many people who know me to be a stay at home Mum, and do not know about my work and my soul.  When I feel I've had enough of being under valued by society and think I'll get a "proper job" I quickly realise I'd be a round peg in a square whole and end up realising I have to shoulder the responsibility of being a creative person.  So it was such a wonderful twenty minutes I spent listening to creativity expert Sir Ken Robinson talk about education and creativity.  And I realised that I had to open my mouth and speak up for creative thinking and being, and my true belief that it is only by allowing and nurturing our children to be creative that they will have the confidence to change the system, and create a better world.
x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...