Sunday 21 February 2010

Snow blindness


I woke up to this!  No Spring yet then.

Finally managed to get to the Tarpey Gallery which opened in September.  Beautiful space for contemporary fine art.  Featured artists included Joan Ainley, David Manley and David Ainley.  Have just read that Joan Ainley only started to work in the visual arts in the 1990's after having her sight restored.  I am trying to think how amazing it must be to open your eyes to the visual feast that is our world.  It is one of my greatest fears to lose my sight and yet as a visual person I sometimes feel so over stimulated and wish I could switch off for a while.  I suppose that is why I like the snow, it is like closing your eye lids on the world and then when it melts, you can see the world afresh.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...