Monday 15 February 2010

Home truths

Like the rest of blog-land I seem to be melancholic.  I'm not good with endless winter.  I like transitions: daybreak, sunset, the first warmth of spring.  Oh, for the first warmth of spring. 


I thought this blog would be purely about my work, a voice for me, away from family, where I can live out the fantasy that I am really an artist and forget about the million other responsibilities that come ahead of my creative time.  In my endevours to march on creatively, and now that school runs mark out the pattern of my days, there's not been so much time for family creativity, or to stop for a moment in the intensity of daily life and breathe in the smell of warm boys and have fun!  So, today (yes, I know it's a day late) we made a Valentine garland, with hearts for all those we love and once I was strung up there on my own heart, surrounded by drawings of family and all the pets and little people who fill my daily life I felt a bit better.  But please, please roll on spring. x

"Earth we thank you for this food
For rest and home and all things good
For wind and rain and sun above
But most of all for those we love."

Waldorf traditional blessing from "The Creative Family" by Amanda Soule


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...